Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Eduroam issues AP205

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Eduroam issues AP205

Posted Sep 16, 2016 09:04 AM

Hi all, anyone experienced the following.

Large campus network, running 6.4 code.

Intermittent poor internet access only on 1 SSID (eduroam) and seems to be only on 205 series AP's. All other SSID's connect without issue.

Very odd...

• 2.  RE: Eduroam issues AP205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 09:33 AM

Is the SSID configuration the same as your other networks (with the exception of the ESSID)? Things like data rates, basic rates, etc.

What encryption is in use?

• 3.  RE: Eduroam issues AP205

Posted Sep 16, 2016 11:32 AM

Hi Tim, I believe this is 802.1x, other SSID's are the same I believe. Has worked for years it is a recent issue, seems to be with 2xx series AP's only. 

• 4.  RE: Eduroam issues AP205

Posted Sep 19, 2016 02:46 AM

Hi All,

This issue from my testing is only seen on AP205's.

Make the following change to “AP system profile” of all the AP-groups and change the “SAP MTU” size to ‘1500’.

Seems by default no value is set. Making this change had an immediate, positive effect.

• 5.  RE: Eduroam issues AP205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2016 05:43 AM

@stunshot wrote:

Hi Tim, I believe this is 802.1x, other SSID's are the same I believe. Has worked for years it is a recent issue, seems to be with 2xx series AP's only. 

Stunshot, please open a TAC case.  This could be a bug or a configuration issue, but it is very hard to tell from the limited information that you provided.  TAC should be able to rule out a few things and ask you about others...