Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error: lc-cluster group-profile can be configured only on mobility master

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Error: lc-cluster group-profile can be configured only on mobility master

Posted Mar 27, 2019 09:19 AM

as i am trying for the cluster configuration in Mobility controller and observing the issue as followes.

(Aruba7220MM) [cluster] (config) #lc-cluster group-profile cluster-1

Error: lc-cluster group-profile can be configured only on mobility master.

Aruba Operating System Software.
    ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba7220), Version 8.3.0.3

please help me to understand how to configure the cluster in the mobility controller.

Topology of the network:

Master local configuration, trying the L2 roaming between the MD1(local controller1) to MD2(local controller2). here going to configure the cluster in the Master controller and observing the issue as "Error: lc-cluster group-profile can be configured only on mobility master"

is ther any difference between the Mobility master and mobility controller ?

• 2.  RE: Error: lc-cluster group-profile can be configured only on mobility master
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2019 09:40 AM

If you don't have a Mobility Master (MM), you do not have clustering as a feature.  A mobility controller is different.

• 3.  RE: Error: lc-cluster group-profile can be configured only on mobility master

Posted Mar 27, 2019 09:44 AM

ok thanks for the response,

is Mobility Master is software dependent or hardware dependent? as i am using the 8.x version.

• 4.  RE: Error: lc-cluster group-profile can be configured only on mobility master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2019 05:38 AM

A Mobility Master requires a server (typically a Virtual Machine).

Have you seen the ArubaOS 8 Fundamentals Page here?  https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/atmosphere/2018-Airheads/Fundamentals%20Guide%20-%20ArubaOS%208%20Fundamentals.pdf