Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error message with AP in Visual RF

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Error message with AP in Visual RF

Posted Oct 23, 2012 08:51 AM

Hey All,

In Airwave 7.3.5 some of my aps have exceeded their bandwidth threshold.

I'll be adding more APs in those areas to help with this.

When you mouse over the AP in the floor plan, you see this alert " AP has a red alert: AP exceeds bandwidth threshold"  

When does or how do you clear the message?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Error message with AP in Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2012 11:00 AM

That message will show as long as the threshold is set to that value.  You can edit the value by going to VisualRF -> select the 'preferences' icon (top right of VisualRF panel) -> use the dropdown for 'configure preferences for' to select APs, and then either disable the threshold for usage or fine tune the thresholds (I suggest the former since you'll want to re-enable the thresholds after you add the other devices to confirm that the load balances out).

vrf_pref.jpg

You'll also want to upgrade to 7.5.6 to be on the latest AMP code at some point.  From 7.3.5, you should be able to upgrade directly to 7.5.6.

• 3.  RE: Error message with AP in Visual RF

Posted Oct 30, 2012 02:16 PM

Thanks Rob,

I did see this and changed the value.

No matter I set it too, the ap's that this error was on, the error does not go away.

it only goes away if I disable the bandwidth threshold

@rgin wrote:

That message will show as long as the threshold is set to that value.  You can edit the value by going to VisualRF -> select the 'preferences' icon (top right of VisualRF panel) -> use the dropdown for 'configure preferences for' to select APs, and then either disable the threshold for usage or fine tune the thresholds (I suggest the former since you'll want to re-enable the thresholds after you add the other devices to confirm that the load balances out).

vrf_pref.jpg

You'll also want to upgrade to 7.5.6 to be on the latest AMP code at some point.  From 7.3.5, you should be able to upgrade directly to 7.5.6.

@rgin wrote:

vrf_pref.jpg

• 4.  RE: Error message with AP in Visual RF

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2012 12:26 PM

I've opened a task to have someone in QA take another look at this.  Will update when I have more information.