Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error upgrading

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Error upgrading

Posted Feb 02, 2012 10:58 AM

I'm having problems trying to upgrade a 3200 controller from 6.0.1.2 to 6.1.2.6

I tried to upgrade via the web-gui but it kept timing out. So now I"m trying to upgrade it via the CLI and I keep getting an error that says....

Error upgrading image: ncftpget ArubaOS_MMC_6.1.2.6_31653: will not overwrite local file with older remote file.

Does this mean the file actualy made it to the partition but it didn't upgrade? Do I have to somehow now go in and delete that file and then try again via the CLI? I've tried to upgrade both partitions and I keep getting the same result.

See output below......

(Aruba3400-US) #show image ver

----------------------------------

Partition                      : 0:0 (/dev/hda1) **Default boot**

Software Version        : ArubaOS 6.0.1.2 (Digitally Signed - Production Build)

Build number              : 27892

Label                          : 27892

Built on                       : Thu Apr 14 19:45:19 PDT 2011

----------------------------------

Partition                      : 0:1 (/dev/hda2)

Software Version        : ArubaOS 5.0.2.0 (Digitally Signed - Production Build)

Build number              : 24926

Label                          : 24926

Built on                       : Thu Aug 5 15:45:02 PDT 2010

(Aruba3400-US) #copy ftp: 10.170.4.180 admin ArubaOS_MMC_6.1.2.6_31653 system: partition 1

Password:******

Copying file:.... Error upgrading image: ncftpget ArubaOS_MMC_6.1.2.6_31653: will not overwrite local file with older remote file.

• 2.  RE: Error upgrading

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2012 11:29 AM

I have run into this exact same issue before. I believe this is what I had to do:

Via the CLI, upgrade partition 0, even though you are booted from it.

The other option is to disconnect this controller from the network, plug your laptop directly into the controller. Change the boot option to the partition 1. Reboot the controller. Then upgrade the partition 0, assuming partition 1 isn't corrupted.

Also, do a show storage to make sure you have enough space available.

• 3.  RE: Error upgrading

Posted Aug 28, 2013 11:41 AM

I just went through the upgrade procedure for upgrading from 3.4.1.0 > intermediate version > 6.1.3.7 ... When I tried to upgrade version 3.4.5.1 (latest version of the 3.4.x train) I got the same error (will not overwrite local file with older remote file).  

To work around this issue I had upgraded my standby partition to one version prior to 3.4.5.1... so I went from 3.4.1.0 >> 3.4.5.0 with out any issues.... 

Then I upgraded from 3.4.5.0 >> 6.1.3.7 with out any other errors...  My guess is that there was an issue with the patch version not sure why...  Anyways this is what worked for me...

• 4.  RE: Error upgrading

Posted Aug 28, 2013 05:33 PM

Have same issue with some older 620s controllers. 

I found many old default.cfg.xxxx files.  Deleted them and only keep one default.cfg

• 5.  RE: Error upgrading

Posted Feb 02, 2012 11:29 AM

I actualy corrected this problem by upgrading the partition via the CLI to another code version that was not previously tried via the web-gui.

Would still be helpfull to know how to remove a "stuck" image off a partition if this were to happen again.

Thanks for any input...

Mike