Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error when installing VMM/VMC in KVM. Can't start OS services

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Error when installing VMM/VMC in KVM. Can't start OS services

Posted Oct 30, 2018 07:28 PM

I followed the detailed step by step instructions for installing VMM in KVM.

The VMM installs correctly from ISO but then cannot boot.

Error messages are:

Kernel panic - not syncing: IO-APIC + timer doesn't work!  Boot with apic=debug and send a report.  Then try booting with the 'noapic' option

and also:

"Datapath crashed collecting core and rebooting (boot)"

I cannot call TAC as this is a lab installation for proof of concept with no license or support.

I saw that someone had the same error on GNS3 forums when installing VMC: https://www.gns3.com/discussions/aruba-virtual-mobility-controlle

He is tryin VMC but his symptom is the same as mine: Every thing works up until it tries to start the "OS Services", then it crashes and reboots...

• 2.  RE: Error when installing VMM/VMC in KVM. Can't start OS services

Posted Nov 04, 2018 08:17 PM

Is anybody successfully running VMM/VMC under KVM?

• 3.  RE: Error when installing VMM/VMC in KVM. Can't start OS services

Posted Nov 14, 2018 08:08 PM

I guess nobody has got this working :(

or maybe you just don't like my questions :)

• 4.  RE: Error when installing VMM/VMC in KVM. Can't start OS services

Posted Nov 25, 2018 09:55 AM

Hi, I'm using VMM in KVM(Ubuntu). And I tried to use VMC on the same virtualization platform, but no luck, it had some issues. But I could tell that VMC and VMM could work properly on the KVM(CentOS).

• 5.  RE: Error when installing VMM/VMC in KVM. Can't start OS services

Posted Nov 25, 2018 10:15 PM

@sylar_liu wrote:

Hi, I'm using VMM in KVM(Ubuntu). And I tried to use VMC on the same virtualization platform, but no luck, it had some issues. But I could tell that VMC and VMM could work properly on the KVM(CentOS).

My version is CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core). What CentOS version did you see it working on?

• 6.  RE: Error when installing VMM/VMC in KVM. Can't start OS services

Posted Nov 30, 2018 07:53 PM

I used the CentOS 7.2.