Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Errors on Interfaces

Hi All,

I want to discuss two issues here, am using Aruba 2930F-24G-PoE+-4SFP+ Switch (JL255A) switch at the distribution layer and connecting AP's to the same. I am seeing too many errors and drop on some of the ports, tried connecting the AP's to secondary switch ports but observed the same. And I am observing random slowness issues on Wireless network.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.26.53 PM.png

Also, am observing VSF port going to error mode randomly and all the AP's and devices connected to one particular switch(same switch every time) going down/unreachable. Below are the logs when the primary switch is unreachable.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.31.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.32.26 PM.png

Switch OS:

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 12.35.30 PM.png

Kindly, help me with the same.
Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Errors on Interfaces

Hi,

Upgrade to WC.16.09.0009 Version has solved VSF cashed in some special scenarios. See release notes: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00096206en_us

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSA | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

And how about the errors what I am getting on the ports where AP's are connected?
Actually AP's were connected to Primary/Master switch, have connected those to secondary/member switch because of the errors. 

Highlighted

Erro count does not matter. Ports have transmitted a lot of packets, but as a percentage, it is less than 1%.

Cause maybe

High utilization of AP,  Channel interference due to distance between each, Wireless beacons due to excessive SSIDs and so

I hope you find this helpful

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSA | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Okay...
If you see in the below snap, drops are more than the bytes TX/RX, which is current status. Will this make any difference?

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 2.46.37 PM.png

Highlighted
Guru Elite

The "Giants" are Path MTU Discovery being performed by the access points.  They can either be ignored, or dealt with by fixing the MTU at 1500 in the AP system profile so that Path MTU discovery is not performed.  

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Oversize-jumbo-frame-errors/m-p/5421/highlight/true#M1860

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Ohhh... Understood.

Asides that, we can see the Tx drops, which are way more than the successfully Tx packets. Can you please help me in understanding that.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 3.02.11 PM.png

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Try fixing the MTU issue and reset the counters to see if the drops are still mounting.  It could be a different issue.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I have checked that link for hardcoding MTU, but I don't see that option in my controller. These are controller-based AP's, and controller OS ver is: Aruba7205, 8.3.0.6 

Can you please guide me, how to do on this. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: