Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Errors trying to migrate legacy SSID to new controllers - psk has quotes in it!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Errors trying to migrate legacy SSID to new controllers - psk has quotes in it!

Posted Feb 13, 2014 02:11 AM

Im migrating one of our legacy networks onto our new platform, and recreating the wlan throws back an error when I input the psk which contians double quotes ("").   Not sure why this is now an issue, when its clearly working on our older system running v5 code.  

During the wizard, it does say to prefix the "" with a \ but when I get to the end, it throws up another error:

Error: opmode requires a pre-shared key. Either wpa-hexkey or wpa-passphrase must be set.

So it clearly doesnt like it!  Is there a way to workaround this, or am I lterally going to have to create a new key, and deploy it to each client?  We are moving to .1x in the coming months, but really need to migrate legacy config.

• 2.  RE: Errors trying to migrate legacy SSID to new controllers - psk has quotes in it!

Posted Feb 13, 2014 03:32 AM

Does your passphrase starts with "" ? if not then try using the CLI and see if it works

wlan ssid-profile "test"
       essid "test"
       opmode wpa-psk-aes
       wpa-passphrase "565656/""6" or "5454545545?"