Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Evaluation License

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Evaluation License

Posted Mar 12, 2013 10:52 AM

Ho Guys,

We received a 620 controller from our distributer and when I started the configuration I found that they have already installed an evaluation license before and it has expired ( it seems they used it for Outdoor testing). I then created AP evaulation license and configured AP-Group, connected the AP and provisioned it, however, the AP did not transmit.

I checked "access points" from the monitoring screen and it is not there (it is showing up in network summary though), I added the AP to the whitelist and still the same. Finally I though it might be a license issue. I checked the license and even thouh I have a non expired AP evaulation license the field next to "Access Points" is ZERO while the "Mesh Access Points" is showing 32 !!

I want to know if this is something related to not using more than one evaulation license for each Controller or is it that Mesh access point have issue with this issue?

waiting your comments.

• 2.  RE: Evaluation License

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2013 10:59 AM

Is that the only evaluation license that is on the controller?  Your license numbers must match AP=PEF=RFP for it to work.

• 3.  RE: Evaluation License

Posted Mar 12, 2013 11:02 AM

There is only one AP on this controller and for licenses I have the following:

POE License (PERMENANT)

1024 AP licens (EXPIRED)

1024 AP License (VALID)

• 4.  RE: Evaluation License

Posted Mar 12, 2013 11:12 AM

If I can use the same type of evaluation license more than once then maybe installing the license wat wrong ?!

I will try to re-add the license