Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Evaluation license

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Evaluation license

Posted Sep 12, 2020 04:20 PM

Hi!

How can i get an evaluation license for a Virtual controller?

I have gotten a Registration ID, but have nowhere to use it!  

Been struggling for days now, lol.

Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks

Regards

Jøran

• 2.  RE: Evaluation license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2020 04:47 AM

Please work with your partner or Aruba employee that you received the evaluation license from.

Registration IDs can be activated through HPE MyNetworking Portal, but you might need to have an account for that. This portal is in the process of being replaced by the Aruba Support Portal.

The current method for getting evaluation licenses is through Aruba Support Portal, and you will need an account for that as well.

• 3.  RE: Evaluation license

Posted Sep 14, 2020 05:03 AM

I have an account, and got my Registration ID, but i have no way to activate it.

There simply is no place where i can enter it. It says i should go to asp.arubanetwork.com

But on that page there is no place i can enter it.

Thanks for getting back to me!

• 4.  RE: Evaluation license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2020 05:37 AM

Ok, then it seems that licensing on MyNetworking Portal has shut down, and you should use ASP now which doesn't use Registration IDs anymore (this is done per account, so that is why I can't tell you the exact procedure, just what to try).

If you don't have the option in the menu to generate evaluations in ASP, which I think are only available for Aruba Employees and Partners, you will need to get your evaluation key through your partner or Aruba SE.