Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Every Day Hundreds of Radar Detections

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Every Day Hundreds of Radar Detections

Posted May 31, 2018 05:00 AM

Hi,
    We are using Aruba in our Production Environment.

The Controller log shows that we have hundreds of Radar Detections every day on different Access Points.

I'm wondering if it is really a Radar. Next Airport is about 10 Km faraway. What can we do to reduce the dedetcions or could it be a false positive? We are using 5 GHz because usually there should be less interfernce than 2,4GHz.

• 2.  RE: Every Day Hundreds of Radar Detections

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2018 05:19 AM

Airport AND weather radar both exist, but there are also false positives.  The most false positives occur more on the 80mhz channels than the 40 and 20 mhz.  Certain types of false positives have also been fixed over time.  If you still feel that the radar detections have been excessive, (1) try upgrading to the latest in your major code stream (2) run 40 or 20mhz instead of 80 mhz channels or (3) open a tac case to see what can be done.

• 3.  RE: Every Day Hundreds of Radar Detections

Posted May 31, 2018 05:44 AM

In production environment we are using 20MHz Channels from Channel 36 to 140.

We are using 6.5.3.4 Firmware.

• 4.  RE: Every Day Hundreds of Radar Detections

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2018 05:57 AM

What model access point is this?

I would install the Aruba Utilities app from the Android store and see if there is known radar in your area.

I would also open a TAC case so that they can examine your logs and possibly your AP tech supports.