Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Expired default certificate

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  Expired default certificate

Posted Jun 21, 2013 03:34 AM

I've just read through a document detailing the expiration of the default certificate that ships with certain AOS versions. Is there a way to check the expiration date of the certificate on the controller without guessing based on the code version?

Matt

• 2.  RE: Expired default certificate

Posted Jun 21, 2013 04:57 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Matt,

If you haven't updated the certificate used for the web console on the controller you can just browse to the controller then open the certificate from your browser of choice.

I hope that makes sense and isn't complete nonsense. (I've not had my coffee today yet!)

Cheers

James

EDIT:

I've had my coffee.

This should point you in the right direction.

Aruba has obtained a new certificate labeled “securelogin.arubanetworks.com” from a public CA
    that replaces the old default certificate. The new certificate has an expiration date of November
    21, 2013. This certificate is included as part of the following ArubaOS software releases:
     6.1 beginning with release 6.1.0.0
     6.0 beginning with release 6.0.1.1
     5.0 beginning with release 5.0.3.2
     3.4 beginning with release 3.4.4.2
     3.3 beginning with release 3.3.3.10
     All other ArubaOS releases dated later than June 1, 2011

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Expired default certificate

Posted Jun 21, 2013 05:35 AM

Where is this certificate viewable?, installed certificates can be seen but on a controller with no additional certificates installed, i.e. only the default exists - the default is not listed.

• 4.  RE: Expired default certificate
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 21, 2013 05:47 AM

If you have not changed any certificate then you browse to the controller in question via HTTPS you will get a certificate warning.

In chrome you'll see the following symbol indicating a high-risk connection. This means that the site presented an invalid security certificate or is transferring risky content.

Just click on that then selct certificate information to see the cert in full.

• 5.  RE: Expired default certificate

Posted Jun 21, 2013 11:33 AM

Thanks for that - clicking the padlock next to the URL on a web browser displays the certificate. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.