Wireless Access

New Contributor

Facotry Resetting AP from WLC CLI or GUI

I have a building with hundreds of AP's in it and I need to point the AP's to a new controller with a different IP address. I have read and have been told that the AP retains the IP address of the previous controller that it was connected to and the only way to clear that previous IP is to factory reset the AP. Besides physically consoling into each AP is there a way to do this by CLI or GUI. I am using 8.2.1 OS and 225's AP's. Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Guru Elite

Re: Facotry Resetting AP from WLC CLI or GUI

First things first, do you have an ArubaOS 8.x network WITH and MM or without an MM?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

Without a MM unfortunately.

Guru Elite

Okay.  Two ways:

1. In the ap-group of those access points is the AP System Profile.  In that AP System Profile, there is an LMS-IP parameter.  Set the LMS-IP parameter to the new controller and all of the access points in that ap-group will go over to that controller.  That parameter will not survive a reboot.

2.  Go to Configuration> Access Points.  Select one more more access points and click on Provision.  Change the Controller discovery radio button from ADP to Static and then enter the ip address of your target controller in the controller ip/dns name box and then click on provision.  This will save that ip address to flash and will survive a reboot.  Make sure the ip address is correct, because you will have to climb up into the ceiling and reset the access point if it is incorrect:

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 14.11.18.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the response. Saved me a lot of time on a ladder.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: