Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Factory Reset AP-367-US?

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Factory Reset AP-367-US?

Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:08 AM

Hey All,

We recently recieved a AP-367-US to try out on our network from our Vendor. I'm not seeing the AP come up on our 6.5 controller like I should. I tried adding the DHCP Options to our DHCP Server as well and no dice.

I  can ping the AP but nothing seen on the controller.

I was hoping to factory default it but it looks like I need a USB Micro to RS232?

Any other way to do it?

I see a button to press inside the unit, but appears to only disable the LED indicator light.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Factory Reset AP-367-US?
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:31 AM

Hey, you should be able to reset via the reset button.

Reset Button
    To reset the 360 Series access points to factory default settings, press and hold down the reset button using a small, narrow object such as a paper clip while the device is powered on. 

360.JPG

Can you confirm the exact version you are running, this maybe a Unified AP which has a slightly different boot process.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Aruba-Unified-AP-platform/ba-p/295661

• 3.  RE: Factory Reset AP-367-US?

Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:45 AM

Thanks! When i pressed the button for three seconds it turned off the LED and then i pressed it again and it turn back on the LED which orginally let me to believe it was some sort of useless Internal LED switch.

After holding it for about 30 seconds or so (Not indicated on the instructions) the AP rebooted and I can now see it in the controller.

• 4.  RE: Factory Reset AP-367-US?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 06, 2017 10:47 AM

Don't worry, i've done the same on other AP's! :D

• 5.  RE: Factory Reset AP-367-US?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2017 02:05 PM

Yup, in general the reset button doubles as an LED control toggle switch (normal/off).

For factory reset, either press it during power-up, or keep it pressed ">10s" while the AP is operational (but on most platforms much longer than that).

• 6.  RE: Factory Reset AP-367-US?

Posted Jun 25, 2019 03:01 AM
      |   view attached

I want open these white cover .How to open it ?

• 7.  RE: Factory Reset AP-367-US?

Posted Jun 25, 2019 06:16 AM

I have iap -365 Device so what is the default username & password of Access point?/

• 8.  RE: Factory Reset AP-367-US?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 06:56 AM