Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Factory Reset for a newbie

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Factory Reset for a newbie

Posted Jul 12, 2013 01:36 PM

Hello,

As the title explains i am a newbie at this. I just "inherited" control of the wireless network admin responsibilities without any formal training, or training at all shall i say.

I made a dumb mistake while provisioning a new AP by putting it into a group customized for RAP's, an oversight on my part. However, now the AP is not using DHCP and i cannot re-provision it. The controller see's the AP as online, but trying any config changes to the group do not take effect.

My question is: Is there a way to physically do a factory reset for the AP either on itself, or something on the controller/console that i am not aware of? I need to change its group

I am using a Mobility Controller - ArubaOS 6.1.3.2

• 2.  RE: Factory Reset for a newbie
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 12, 2013 01:40 PM

Do you have physical access to the AP? If so, connect via serial/console, reboot the AP, stop the autoboot when prompted.

When you see apboot>, type purgeenv, then saveenv, then boot.

This will clear all of the variables on the AP which effectively resets it to factory.

apboot-purge.PNG

• 3.  RE: Factory Reset for a newbie

Posted Jul 12, 2013 01:52 PM

That worked! thank you very much