Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Firmware Upgrade

Posted May 16, 2015 09:02 AM

Hello, am trying to upgrade our master and local controller to 6.4.2.5 Aruba OS. I've been told i need to break the ipsec connection between local and master by typing the following.

conf t

localip 172.28.19.1 ipsec hello

I get an error back saying invalid input at '^' marker (which is pointing under the h)

Any help will be appreciated

• 2.  RE: Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2015 09:06 AM

If you plant to upgrade both controllers, you should not have to break the ipsec connection.

• 3.  RE: Firmware Upgrade

Posted May 16, 2015 09:15 AM

Thanks, so i can just type

boot system partition 1

reload

OS has been loaded onto this partition for us

• 4.  RE: Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2015 09:25 AM

When you upload the firmware, it automatically switches the partition.  Type "show boot" to confirm.

You should be able to just reboot, yes.

• 5.  RE: Firmware Upgrade

Posted May 16, 2015 09:29 AM
      |   view attached

This is what i see - pic attached

• 6.  RE: Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2015 09:32 AM

***Default Boot****  is next to partition 0, which means that you do need to manually switch the partition to partition 1.  Normally, you would not have to switch the partition, because loading the upgrade firmware should automatically select the partition that it is being upgraded.

• 7.  RE: Firmware Upgrade

Posted May 16, 2015 09:36 AM

Thanks, a 3rd party pre-loaded the updated firmware a while back so that we could upgrade at a later date.

Sorry to keep on - do i switch partition for master first and then once completed, switch for local ?

• 8.  RE: Firmware Upgrade
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2015 09:38 AM

You can switch the partition for both master and local at the same time.  Switching the partition does not interrrupt any service on the controller.  You can also reboot both the master and the local at the same time, after you set the boot partition correctly.

• 9.  RE: Firmware Upgrade

Posted May 16, 2015 09:44 AM

Many Thanks - big big help