Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Firmware for AP-105

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 15, 2011 01:18 PM

Hello All.

I have used AP-105 from e-bay. But i have some troubles with him

"Invalid image format version...."

I read this post

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/IAP-with-corrupt-image/td-p/13722

and think this solution is good to me, but i don't have company account on support page to download firmware

files to my AP-105 (((

Anybody can send to me firmware file for AP-105 via e-mail or any other metod?

• 2.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2011 01:34 PM

If that is an AP-105, it cannot function without a controller.  There is an IAP-105, a different model, that can.

Which model is it?

• 3.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 16, 2011 12:51 AM

Thank you to answer. Where can see different AP-105 and IAP-105? Visual?

On sticker model AP-105, but when boot from ArubaInstant_Orion_5.0.3.0-1.1.0.0_290

82 image (I found this file in net), boot is all ok - Welcome to Access Point.
    Unfortunately,  can't login - default admin/admin not accessed.

• 4.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 16, 2011 01:08 AM

I found difference - has reset or not reset. My AP without reset.

And in this

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Is-it-possible-to-re-image-an-AP-105-to-IAP-105/m-p/13830/highlight/true#M1878

tells about impossible run instant image. But it runs.

Any idea about login to OS if admin/admin not access?

• 5.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 02:45 AM

Ok.

What you have is a pre-release of IAP-105 or instant before it came onto the market, and of course it is not supported.

From the console of the AP, try "admin" and "forgetme!"

• 6.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 16, 2011 05:20 AM

Thank you very much. I don't know history of the device.
    The password works only on the console, to gui access to receive without any chances?

• 7.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 08:18 AM

After you login there, you have to use the recovery method on the console, I think:

#configure terminal

#mgmt-user admin admin

passwd: new password

Re-Type passwd:: new password

You then log off from the console and you should be able to use "admin" , "admin" to get into the gui.  I am guessing, because, like I said, that is pre-production software.

• 8.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 16, 2011 11:42 AM

#configure terminal

Warning: configuration via CLI is not supported!

After all command nothing happens.

(((

About "pre-production software" - I wait two days registration on a support site. First time the company name (access point was bought as the private person) and an e-mail the address for the registration not valid, the second time not valid only an e-mail... Result -  no have access to support site and impossible see or test any other firmware.

• 9.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 11:52 AM

This is what I did to creat a user with username "admin2" and password "admin2" after I logged in:

Instant1# configure terminal
    Warning: configuration via CLI is not supported!
    Instant1 (config) # mgmt-user admin2 admin2
    Instant1 (config) # exit

Instant1# exit

After that, I logged into the GUI with those credentials.

I have no clue about the device you purchased.  Users who purchase that device retail are not entitled to support, but just get updates from the "cloud".

• 10.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 16, 2011 12:14 PM

Thanks. This method has worked, there is an access to GUI options. I am glad.

It is very knowing forum, many thanks, mens.

The description of the device:

It is bay here, in Russia (I from Russia), in box. The price of $70. )))

Description seller - it is new device. Bay for use in my apartment and from interest(I the system administrator). The seller has told that itself has bay on e-bay. As I understand, he at all did not know, how it to power on.

• 11.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 16, 2011 12:23 PM

P.S. About cloud upgrade image -

after access to GUI, i check new firmware via GUI.

Answer is no new version.

Current firmware 5.0.3.0-1.1.0.0_29082

• 12.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 16, 2011 02:13 PM

Some problems.

Method with admin2 works for access to GUI or access  after relogin via CLI, but doesn't keep a configuration with CLI after reboot or with GUI after relogin.

Thanks all, who helps me. As official support, whose company has sold the device doesn't hurry up to help.

• 13.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2011 03:49 PM

When you get into the GUI, can't you change the password for the "admin" user and login with that and see if you get the same results.

Again, you are using beta software, so there are very few guarantees that anything will work reliably...

• 14.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 17, 2011 12:08 AM

Yes, I understand that the beta is a beta. Therefore, coming back to the beginning. 

If technical support doesn't hurry up, somebody can having login on a site, to send to me two last firmware image - for AP-105 and IAP-105? I will try both. As far as I understand, system as in cisco, to damage an incorrect firmware the device it is impossible.

That there were no doubts in the copyright, I can write serial number of the device.

• 15.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 17, 2011 12:10 AM

My e-mail is hardware@egrs.ru limit to one message(with attach) 5Mb.

• 16.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 22, 2011 02:20 PM

I am sorry, people. Really all laziness to copy a working OS AP-105 through tftp and to send to me via e-mail? It only 5 mbyte. Also it is not taxed in any way or other international law.

• 17.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2011 02:21 PM

The production image will not work on your hardware, period.

• 18.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 22, 2011 02:27 PM

I will choose, what for me works, and what doesn't work, ок?

The request is correct - two files of an firmware. IAP and AP.

It isn't difficult, I am right?

• 19.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 22, 2011 02:31 PM

If the question in money I am ready to pay paypal, my address is written in the previous post. It is a pity that technical support doesn't work for such cases. That is strange for product cost.

• 20.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 22, 2011 02:46 PM

AP allows to start Instant OS.

With errors, incorrectly works GUI, but OS it is loaded.

Probably before firmly to confirm and argue with the person, which first time has seen this device after Cisco, it is necessary to do such experiments most?

I will repeat, the help isn't necessary to me, it is necessary for me only two files on mail. I have understood that occurs to the device.

• 21.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 22, 2011 03:12 PM

Boroda,

Engaging with people in a hostile way on the board isn't going to get you very far. Colin has been more than reasonable and helpful trying to help you with your product.

As to the image, no one is going to email you an image, you'll need a support account. My guess is that support is not issuing you a support account because you don't have a valid support contract. You don't have a valid support contract because you purchased a gray market AP. You are running a beta product which probably means whoever ebay'd it is in voilation of the agrement he signed with Aruba.

I would highly recommend that you contact an authorized reseller and purchase a supported product. Please feel free to private message me the serial number and we'll look into how it got to you.

-awl

• 22.  RE: Firmware for AP-105

Posted Dec 22, 2011 04:05 PM

Hi All,

I wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate a very important part of our Terms of Service in this Community: 

We strive to create a positive experience for all Airheads Social Community members.  All members can make valuable contributions.  We ask all members to be considerate, respectful, and productive with their contributions as well as in their interactions with others in the community.  Moreover, please resolve conflicts and differences of opinion with other members constructively.   If you have questions on how to come to a resolution please ask Aruba moderators for guidance.  

Ask questions.  Aruba moderators are identified with an orange icon and “MOD” label.   If you prefer to send an e-mail please contact communitysupport@arubanetworks.com.

With this said, we will lock-down this particular thread.

Thank you!

Jeanie