Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Jul 19, 2013 07:14 PM

(aruba-master) #show ap database local flags E

AP Database Name             Group AP Type IP Address Status Flags Switch IP

----                                         -----     -------       ----------      ------    -----     ---------

6c:f3:7f:cd:c8:d0                    default 135 x.x.x.186 Up 1d:5h:27m:50s E x.x.x.150

AP-Biblioteca.2.E-3O.HMO   default 135 x.x.x.189 Up 1d:2h:12m:59s E x.x.x.150

AP-SalaMACs.1.E-3O.HMO  default 135 x.x.x.191 Up 1d:2h:12m:59s E x.x.x.150

IAP-algo.algo.HMO                default 135 x.x.x.190 Up 1d:6h:45m:19s E x.x.x.150

Flags:

U = Unprovisioned; N = Duplicate name; G = No such group; L = Unlicensed I = Inactive;

D = Dirty or no config; E = Regulatory Domain Mismatch X = Maintenance Mode;

P = PPPoE AP; B = Built-in AP ...

No users there.

There are alot of other APs on the same group and are working fine.

#AP135

• 2.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2013 07:26 PM

What is your regulatory domain???

• 3.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Jul 25, 2013 02:25 PM

Is the same since 2004 I don´t remember how to get it. Maybe this is can be usefully:

Model:Aruba6000-US
    Version:6.2.1.2

AP´s

@cjoseph wrote:

What is your regulatory domain???

RMA?

• 4.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2013 02:50 PM

"show country trail"

We need to make sure the AP135 is approved by the country configured on the controller.

• 5.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Jul 26, 2013 01:52 PM

(aruba-master) #show country trail  

2011-03-31_04-02-45: Upgrade: domain US  

2011-04-17_16-47-24: Upgrade: domain US

2011-04-17_17-14-32: Upgrade: domain US

2011-04-17_17-16-57: Upgrade: domain US

2011-04-17_17-40-18: Upgrade: domain US

2012-01-05_22-32-57: Upgrade: domain US

2013-07-17_11-52-53: Upgrade: domain US

(aruba-master) #

@cjoseph wrote:

"show country trail"

We need to make sure the AP135 is approved by the country configured on the controller.

• 6.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2013 01:57 PM

If you have a controller that has the regulatory domain of "US", it will not allow you to enable access points that have another regulatory domain in their system profile.

What country does the System Profile in the Default AP group have defined?

"show ap regulatory domain profile default"

• 7.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Jul 31, 2013 11:47 AM

(aruba-master) #show ap regulatory-domain-profile default

Regulatory Domain profile "default"

-----------------------------------

Parameter                               Value

---------                                      -----

Country Code                           US

Valid 802.11g channel             1

Valid 802.11g channel             6

Valid 802.11g channel             11

Valid 802.11a channel             36

Valid 802.11a channel             40

Valid 802.11a channel             44

Valid 802.11a channel             48

Valid 802.11a channel             149

Valid 802.11a channel             153

Valid 802.11a channel             157

Valid 802.11a channel             161

Valid 802.11a channel             165

Valid 802.11g 40MHz channel pair  N/A

Valid 802.11a 40MHz channel pair  N/A

(aruba-master) #

By the way: I don´t move anything on the configuration I just Update the OS.

• 8.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2013 12:39 PM

Please open a support case, because there is something missing here.

• 9.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Jul 31, 2013 03:27 PM

I did it.

I´ll post the result.

Regards.

• 10.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Feb 10, 2014 08:20 AM

i am seeing the same issue in some AP 135 units.

did you get an answer from support?

i opened a case also and if i find an answer i will also try to post

• 11.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Feb 10, 2014 08:36 AM
    dumb question but are the 135s RoW (rest of world) or US regulatory domain?

• 12.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Feb 10, 2014 09:20 AM

i am not 100% sure. this is a set of APs that were not part of my order.

they had them in stock. so if it is RoW would they not come up on a US controller.

also, they were working in a US office before i took control

thanks

• 13.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Feb 10, 2014 09:51 AM
    I would double check, it seems as though they are since you mentioned they were working on a US controller.

TAC case would definitely help.

• 14.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Feb 10, 2014 10:51 AM

so it seems that the AP 135 were at one time Instant APs.

and to make matters worse RoW Instant APs.

as per my TAC case i need to:

1. Connect to ap via serial console
    2. Reboot AP and go to apboot menu
    3. Change the boot partition to the secondary partition (partition 1)
    4. The AP should come up as IAP then again.
    5. Log into the instant gui and set country code to us.
    6. Convert AP back to campus AP.

will be trying this six in the next few days as i need to recieve the APs from a different office

• 15.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Feb 10, 2014 11:00 AM
    What you could do is insert a PIN into the factory reset hole and then power up the IAP, this will revert back to an IAP instead of going through console.

Power it up, connect to Instant and change to US, then convert back to campus.

Not sure if this is allowed though theoretically (law wise) since these IAPs are RoW and not US domain.

Might want to check on that.

• 16.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Feb 10, 2014 11:03 AM

i was thinking the same thing.

the strange thing, as far as i know, is that the APs were always in a US office.

probably a miscue that they recieved RoW APs.

since it is an off site office i do not have access to the APs

but when thay come in i will try multiple things to fix.

thanks

• 17.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 21, 2014 02:42 PM

Has there been any progress on this subject? I'm asking because I have 2 AP's out of about 100 that are being stubborn about getting rid of the "E" meaning they have a "regulatory domain mismatch".

I was able to reset one a few times and then change it's timezone to the correct one (-5 eastern). But I have reset the other one several times and it still has the "E" flag. I'm wondering if we had gotten a mx of US and ROW AP's in our lot. That makes me wonder too, if it could have a detrimental effect on our network. For example, today we had 25 chromebooks suddenly drop their DHCP names which then shows up in AD as "BAD_ADDRESS"

Any ideas?

• 18.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2014 04:43 PM

SteveDinVT,

Are these Campus APs or IAPS?

• 19.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:23 AM

campus

• 20.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 11:37 AM

If you have an ap-specific profile for those IAPs, please remove it. There is a bug with ap-specific profiles in IAPs where it gives a regulatory domain mismatch. It will be fixed in an upcoming release.

• 21.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:01 PM

I'll give that a try. Can you list a few steps to get me started in the right direction?

• 22.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:03 PM

Configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration> AP Specific Tab.  Just delete the AP specific configuration for that AP name.

• 23.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:04 PM

Or more precisely How do I find out if I have IAP-Specific profile?

• 24.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:08 PM

Ok, found it, and deleted from that AP Specific tab. Do I still need to reprovision the specific AP?

I don't know how it got there to begin with.

• 25.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Jun 18, 2014 08:57 PM

@cjoseph wrote:

If you have an ap-specific profile for those IAPs, please remove it. There is a bug with ap-specific profiles in IAPs where it gives a regulatory domain mismatch. It will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Confirmed.. have an IAP-105 with AP specific config and an 'E' flag. Removed the config and the 'E flag cleared.

Can you also confirm whether an 'E' flag forces the AP into air monitor mode?

• 26.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2014 09:37 PM

The E flag indicates that it will be in Air Monitor mode.

• 27.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Aug 26, 2014 04:45 AM

Hi Colin,

i have same issued, but there is no setting on tab ap Specific, any advice about this ?

Thanks,

yanto

• 28.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:06 PM
    ^^^^^^^^

• 29.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:09 PM
    Check to see if it still says E

• 30.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:11 PM

Yes, the "E" is still there.

• 31.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:11 PM

Reboot it by using the "apboot" command or reprovision it.

• 32.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 22, 2014 12:13 PM

Cool, I finally get to figure out how to run commands on it. I've been wondering about that because I look at the commands at the bottom of certain tabs and there sure seems to be a lot more you can do. 

• 33.  RE: Flag "E" on some APs, how can i clear -correct- that flag and bring up the service on that APs?

Posted Apr 22, 2014 01:59 PM

I never found where to enter commands, but the re-provision method worked. Thanks so much for helping me resolve this.