Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

Posted Jul 02, 2017 11:58 AM

Hello,

This is my first post in here.

I would like to know whether Aruba AP 305 is comptiable with any "flush mounting brackets" such as AP-220-MNT-T or AP-320-MNT-T (or simillar)? My customer is looking for such type of brackets and we are proposing IAP 305 to them.

• 2.  RE: Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2017 09:06 AM

Not with either of those no, you can see mount compatibility here - http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/og/OG_AP-300Series.pdf

There are other solutions from Terawave/Ventev and Oberon that can be looked at. We generally stopped selling ours because they didn't sell in enough volume.

• 3.  RE: Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

Posted Jul 04, 2017 03:29 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Howard,

Thank you for the update.

Basically, my customer wants to fix the AP direct on gybsom tiles. I don't seem to find a comptiable bracket from Aruba.

We proposed them AP-200-MNT-W3, but they are concerned about the small gap that will form between the AP and bracket. In other words, if its fixed on 5m height then this gap may look like a black spot in which It wont be acceptable by their interior designer.

Im attaching a screenshot from an old setup I saw with W2 mount (and you can feel the gap between the bracket and the AP).

Please advise.

• 4.  RE: Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 09:55 AM

So a 305 on a 220-W3 mount would look bad. The 305 on a 200-W3 mount looks a bit better, but there is still an 'edge' visible from the edges and oblique angles (though the mount has a flush face on it so it won't be a black gap into the inside of the mount like your picture).  

Note though, that the 200-W3 blocks access to the console and DC power port. If you need access to those ports, then you have to use the larger 220-W3. 

• 5.  RE: Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

Posted Jul 05, 2017 11:41 AM

Thank you for the illustration provided Jerrod.

Can I request from you to share few screenshots from the AP-200-MNT-W3 mount showing the flush face/backside/frontside and edges without the AP installed? Unfortunatley no demo unit is available locally. 

Also, can you confirm to me whether the height of W3 mount is 17mm (as posted herewith)

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Profil-Hight-of-new-AP-220-MNT-W3/m-p/279615#M65013

• 6.  RE: Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 12:21 PM
      |   view attached

Thickness (via dial calipers) are 0.81in (13/16") which is 20.64mm.

• 7.  RE: Flush Mounting Bracket for Aruba AP 305

Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:43 PM

Evidently this is a hidden advantage to the AP325 vs AP305.  The 325 covers the W3 mount well.