Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Framed-IP presented in the RADIUS Authentication Request for IAPs

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Framed-IP presented in the RADIUS Authentication Request for IAPs

Posted Dec 14, 2015 01:04 PM

In order to ingrate fully with the Customers existing Library Database system - Netloan - their guest users need to present their IP address as part of authenticating via the captive portal. This works with the existing Trapeze/Juniper system that we put in 4 years ago. We are now starting to replace it with Aruba IAPs and have discovered that the Famed IP info isn't present in the Authentication request.

Over trhe last 6 months, I have logged a  Support case, contacted my Aruba SE and posted 3 RFEs ...end result nothing.

When  we asked Trapeze to support this 4 years ago it took them 2 months to supply us the initial code that worked, asnd incoirpotated it into their next public release., but with Aruba it seems like it is never going to happen. I'd be grateful fort any assitance.

The proiject is currentlkly on hold under review - they may decide on Cisco -their curremnt LAN supplier -as they support the Framed-IP RADIUS attriubute.

Here are some historic details...

*******************************************************************************************************

From: Jerry Ponnamparambath [mailto:jponnamparambath@arubanetworks.com] Sent: 03 September 2015 12:09 To: Ewan McCabe <EMcCabe@qolcom.co.uk> Cc: Aruba Networks Technical Support <support@arubanetworks.com>; Anitha S <araghuraman@arubanetworks.com>; Anil Kamath <akamath@arubanetworks.com>; Raj Vinod Kumar <rvkumar@arubanetworks.com> Subject: RE: QoLcom Limited: Case # 1720944: IAP, Framed IP Support: [ ref:_00D308G4._50033oTVYT:ref ]

Hi Ewan

Raj is out of office and so shall I assist you on this one. I have been through the case notes.

I see you had raised a concern that Framed-IP address is not send by instant within a radius access packet. We did discuss the same with engineering (reference bug id= 123608) and we have been informed that this feature is not  inbuilt onto IAP codes as of now.

However, requesting you to file an RFE directly from your end, to have this taken directly with our Product Development team. Please find the attachment to do so.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance on this case.

Best Regards,

*****************************************************************************************************************

This is regarding the case number 1720944. We have reported our developing team with the case number 123608. I would keep you posted regarding the case progress and would contact you as soon as we get any update from them. Please feel free to contact me if you have any query regarding this case, I would be happy to help.

• 2.  RE: Framed-IP presented in the RADIUS Authentication Request for IAPs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2015 01:14 PM
    Are you able to use another attribute or does it have to be framed-ip?

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: Framed-IP presented in the RADIUS Authentication Request for IAPs

Posted Dec 14, 2015 03:50 PM
    HI Tim.
    It's framed op that they are looking for as they want to identify which site the request is coming from and lock the users to the opening time of that library.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

• 4.  RE: Framed-IP presented in the RADIUS Authentication Request for IAPs

Posted Dec 22, 2015 08:24 AM

Hi Tim,

have you any input into getting this put into - at least - the IAP code ?  If not then I think that we might loose the customer to a competitor.

Reagrds, Ewan.

• 5.  RE: Framed-IP presented in the RADIUS Authentication Request for IAPs

Posted Jan 05, 2016 04:53 PM

Hi Tim,

Happy New Year to you, I hope tat you had a good break.

I'd be greatful if you could give me any assitance in getting this feature put into - at least - the IAP code ?  If not then I think that we might loose the customer to a competitor - Cisco or Ruckus are looking favourites at the moment.

Regards, Ewan.