Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

Posted Sep 17, 2013 02:11 PM

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded one of my lab controllers from version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 configured as RAPS that worked until the upgrade ..now just staying with RDI flag.... for no reason that i can figure.

thoese units using internal db user with ap-role .. + user/pass and key for ipsec connectiviy..

the unit getting an IP from the DHCP pool of the VPN.

anyone also encouter this issue with 6.2.1.3?

please advise.

thanks

Me

• 2.  RE: From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2013 02:40 PM

Turn on debugging, and find out why.  Chances are your VPN method is not looking at the internal database.

logging level debugging security subcat ike
    logging level debugging security process aaa
    logging level debugging security process authmgr
    logging level debugging security subcat l2tp
    logging level debugging security subcat vpn

• 3.  RE: From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

Posted Sep 17, 2013 02:44 PM
    Thanks i will check it tommorw morning.
    But my vpn does looking on the internaldb..the ap able to eastblish connectivity but keep staying RDI...

Im really not new on deploying raps...
    And its a controller that hadnt had issue on RAP connectivity until version 6.2.1.3 .....What changed in the vpn handling from 6.1.3.x? That makeing the vpn not to work like it does before the upgrade?

Please advise.

• 4.  RE: From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2013 02:45 PM
    Check the logs. They will give you an idea.

• 5.  RE: From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

Posted Sep 18, 2013 05:50 AM

hi, i ran all the commands u sent me yesterday:

logging level debugging security subcat ike
    logging level debugging security process aaa
    logging level debugging security process authmgr
    logging level debugging security subcat l2tp
    logging level debugging security subcat vpn

i was unable to read any logs because after all the command above , the controller - frooze (gui/clu and console) ...and only plug it out to fixed it... :( agian this RID flags are hapnning only in 6.2.1.3!)

i still got the problem...

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

the vpn auth profiles - are default like they awere before.... in the other versions

Capture3.PNG

Please advise,

Thanks.

Me

• 6.  RE: From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

Posted Sep 18, 2013 06:02 AM

I have seen this issue when one local controller in a group was upgraded before the master. The RAPs showed these flags until the master was upgraded as well. I think Aruba recommends all controllers in a cluster be upgraded at the same time.

• 7.  RE: From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

Posted Sep 17, 2013 02:47 PM
    Will do that.

• 8.  RE: From version 6.1.3.X to 6.2.1.3 .... AP60/61 that were RAPS ,now with FLGS RDI..

Posted Sep 18, 2013 06:15 AM
    Its not the issue here.. Because its only master enviroment..no more than 1 controller..and no local... Look on the above screenshots.