Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

GRE Tunnel Not Configured?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  GRE Tunnel Not Configured?

Posted Feb 03, 2014 08:53 AM

The engineer who built our WLAN as now left and I'm trying to better understand the WLAN.After reading I know the AP's build their GRE Tunnel to the Master Controller, but when I log into the WebUI, go to Configuration, IP, and GRE Tunnel, I do not see a GRE Tunnel configured. We are using VRRP and LMS-IP also IP DHCP Pool. I understand that the VRRP and LMS-IP is an IP the AP can reach on the controller, if know GRE Tunnel is configured, what excatly is the GRE Tunnel?

I'm assuming it's the IP DHCP Pool config for that specific network.

• 2.  RE: GRE Tunnel Not Configured?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2014 08:56 AM

The GRE tunnel is an administrative construct built behind the scenes automatically for access points.  The page you are looking at is only for GRE tunnels built manually between the controller and another device, like another controller.

• 3.  RE: GRE Tunnel Not Configured?

Posted Feb 03, 2014 09:11 AM

That's what I thought, b/c I couldn't find the config for it. Just to clarify unless it's a manual GRE Tunnel, there is no further configuration (maybe a firewall rule to allow the GRE Tunnel port 47) to have the AP Tunnel to the controller?

• 4.  RE: GRE Tunnel Not Configured?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2014 09:49 AM

Correct.

• 5.  RE: GRE Tunnel Not Configured?

Posted Feb 03, 2014 10:04 AM

Thanks.