Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Gracefully move all clients off of AP?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Gracefully move all clients off of AP?

Posted Oct 05, 2020 02:44 PM

As the title suggests, is there a way to move all clients off of an AP gracefully so I can move the AP to a new controller? 

I'm aware of "arm move-sta" to move a single client, or just waiting until late evening, but thought it would be worthwhile to ask here in case I could learn some new cli commands. 

Background:  I wanted to tinker with some different settings on a guest role we have, but found that after an upgrade to 8.5.0.10, there were 16 APs and 200+ clients connected to my test controller I hadn't noticed and I don't want to interrupt their sessions (Higher Ed with active classroom zoom sessions.)

• 2.  RE: Gracefully move all clients off of AP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2020 03:09 PM

Even if you told everybody that you were doing something that would not disrupt their zoom meetings, if they have any problems they will blame you.  I would wait until you have a window....

• 3.  RE: Gracefully move all clients off of AP?

Posted Oct 05, 2020 03:18 PM

Hi cjoseph

• 4.  RE: Gracefully move all clients off of AP?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2020 03:41 PM

To be clear, there are ways to move clients off of APs, but with bandwidth and delay-sensitive applications, it is best to just wait until later.