Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Gracefully move all clients off of AP?

As the title suggests, is there a way to move all clients off of an AP gracefully so I can move the AP to a new controller? 

I'm aware of "arm move-sta" to move a single client, or just waiting until late evening, but thought it would be worthwhile to ask here in case I could learn some new cli commands. 

Background:  I wanted to tinker with some different settings on a guest role we have, but found that after an upgrade to 8.5.0.10, there were 16 APs and 200+ clients connected to my test controller I hadn't noticed and I don't want to interrupt their sessions (Higher Ed with active classroom zoom sessions.)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Gracefully move all clients off of AP?

To be clear, there are ways to move clients off of APs, but with bandwidth and delay-sensitive applications, it is best to just wait until later.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Even if you told everybody that you were doing something that would not disrupt their zoom meetings, if they have any problems they will blame you.  I would wait until you have a window....

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi cjoseph

Highlighted
Guru Elite

To be clear, there are ways to move clients off of APs, but with bandwidth and delay-sensitive applications, it is best to just wait until later.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for