Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Granularity for bandwidth-contracts ? (manual only contains the range 256k - 2000M)

Hi all,

The Aruba OS (controller based) supports bandwidth contracts which can be binded to user roles. 

Does anyone know the granularity for those bandwidth values ?

The range starts with 256 kbit/s, and what is the next possible bandwidth value ?

and does the granularity depend on the bandwidth value? (e.g. 1M bandwidth and 100M bandwidth value; do they have the same granularity ?)

many thanks for your answer.

Rolf

Guru Elite

Re: Granularity for bandwidth-contracts ? (manual only contains the range 256k - 2000M)

(Aruba7640-US) (config) #aaa bandwidth-contract test kbits ?
<256..2000000>          Bandwidth in kbits/seconds

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Granularity for bandwidth-contracts ? (manual only contains the range 256k - 2000M)

Hi Colin,

thanks for your answer. but what does this mean concerning granularity?

Usually the granularity of the built-in traffic-policer is not that small that we can increment die bandwidth values in steps of 1kbps -right?

If we configure 256kbps bandwidth, what would be the second lowest bandwidth ? (384kbis or 512kbps, or .. )

and if I configure a bandwidth-contract value of 100Mbps, what would be the next higher value? 

(I don't beliebe 100.001Mbps - which actually would not make sense to increment in such small steps... )

thanks in advance for your answer.

Rolf

Guru Elite

Rolf,

It can certainly be configured in those increments.  Will everything be policed in such small increments?  Who knows...?  I suggest you try it out and report back to us.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: