Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Provisioning in AOS8 environment

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Guest Provisioning in AOS8 environment

Posted Jun 27, 2018 11:27 AM

Hi guys!

I would like to configure Guest Provisioning in MM-MD AOS8 environment.

AOS 8.3.0.0 config guide states this:

Configuring Guest Fields
    1. In the Managed Network node hierarchy, navigate to the Configuration > Services > Guest Provisioning page.

The problem is that, there isn't Guest Provisioning page:

uniqa_wifi11.png

I found Guest Provisioning page under MM group, but if I configure guest portal under MM, that is applied for all MD group, that's not OK.

Furthermore if I configure it under MM, I need to add a guestprovisioner user under MM, and provisioner need to access MMs over the network, I wouldn't want to do it.

From config guide:

Configuring Guest Provisioning User

Username and Password Authentication Method
    1. In the Managed Network node hierarchy, navigate to the Configuration > System > Admin page.

The system is running AOS 8.3.0.0 (MMs and MDs also)

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Guest Provisioning in AOS8 environment

Posted Jun 27, 2018 01:28 PM

You need to configure this under the MD/Manage Network

2018-06-27 13_24_07-Amazon WorkSpaces.png

• 3.  RE: Guest Provisioning in AOS8 environment

Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:47 PM

If I navigate there what you pointed on the picture, it's simply open guest portal page, what I customized under MM > Configuration > Guest Provisioning (customized banner, customized labels, and more..) There isn't configuration options.

(https://<MMs-vrrp-ip>:4343/screens/switch/gpp.html)

But the config guide states I need to configure guest portal under MDs, but there is no Guest Provisioning page.

If I added an internal user in MDs with role guest-provisioning, opening MDs-vrrp-ip in browser, login with that account, I see a default guest-portal, not that I configured under MMs.

This seems to me to be MM, and MDs also run 1-1 independent guest portals.

Based on the config guide I would have to configure it under MDs, but there is no such menu item.

(Sorry for my bad english)