Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Provisioning

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Guest Provisioning

Posted May 22, 2013 08:49 AM

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to manually choose a particular role for the guest account that we are creating via the Guest Provisioning GUI.

In my case, I would like to have 2 sort of account, a "unrestricted guest" and a "restricted guest" which will have less access than the first one.
    Both will go through my firewall, and I was thinking of putting "unrestricted guest" on vlan X and "restricted" on vlan Y.

Thank you very much for you help,

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Guest Provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2013 09:28 AM

With the built-in captive portal, you cannot, unfortunately.

• 3.  RE: Guest Provisioning

Posted May 22, 2013 09:32 AM

Do you have a workaround or something ? As I do need to have 2 separated roles.

• 4.  RE: Guest Provisioning
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2013 09:33 AM

There is no workaround.  If you go in the local-user database, you can create users with any role, but not in the guest provisioning screen.

• 5.  RE: Guest Provisioning

Posted May 22, 2013 09:34 AM

Thank you very much for you quick help as always :smileyhappy:
    Have a nice day.

• 6.  RE: Guest Provisioning

Posted May 29, 2013 03:55 AM
    CJoseph,

Please advice which has higher priority either " If you go in the local-user database, you can create users with any role" OR "default role in AAA profile.

I tried this but unfortunately guest users always gets the role defined in AAA profile, not that role which define while creating user in internal db,

• 7.  RE: Guest Provisioning

Posted May 29, 2013 01:46 PM

check your server group for internal, there should be a user role setting the role based on what is in the internal-db. i have had this working fine.

• 8.  RE: Guest Provisioning

Posted Jun 03, 2013 08:11 AM
    sorry i didn't get you as my english isn't very good.

Anyway i tried but it didn't work for me :-(