Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest SSID cant obtain IP address

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Guest SSID cant obtain IP address

Posted Feb 13, 2019 05:02 AM

hello there 

my company have two controllers (master,slave)  i tried to create ssid for the guest with CaptivePortal but every time i try to connect to the ssid it cant obtain an IP i tried to make it open without captive portal it obtained the IP but with captive portal it does not obtain the IP

• 2.  RE: Guest SSID cant obtain IP address

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 05:07 AM

Quite a few reasons this could occur, we'd need more information on your environment.

- What is providing DHCP for the VLAN? Is this the Controller(s) or External?

- Does your logon role allow the client to obtain an DHCP IP address.

- Does the client obtain a DHCP IP address via the same wired vlan?

- Does the controller(s) have an L3 interface in the Guest VLAN?

• 3.  RE: Guest SSID cant obtain IP address

Posted Feb 14, 2019 02:44 AM

As Zalion said - does your logon role allow the client to obtain an DHCP IP address.

You need to verify this. compare your logon-role (Check your AAA profile for default role) with the guest-logon role. Just make sure your logon-role has "logon-control" policy added above the captive portal and you should be golden.

Since you get IP address on the VLAN then that should be the only thing required.

And just to make sure - you are certain you're not getting an IP? A failed re-direct is often mistaken for not being able to get an IP..