Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Guest portal on WLC 7205

Hello,

I want to configure a guest portal on my WLC 7205.

I think I configured everything (aaa profile, virutal ap profile, ssid profile and so on) but when I try to connect, I am directly connected and not redirected to the guest portal.

I am preparing the WLC but with no internet connexion. Is it mandatory to have an internet connexion to be redirected to the guest portal ?

Or did I configure something wrong ...

AL

Guru Elite

Re: Guest portal on WLC 7205

It does require a functioning DNS server.  If you are getting out without doing anything, more configuration is required;  your initial role is wrong in your AAA profile.  It should be some role with *logon.

Please see the appnote here for step-by-step instructions:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Guest-Access-with-ArubaOS/ta-p/155602

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

I put 8.8.8.8 for the DNS attributed to the clients in the moment, but even if the configuration is well done, I should at least be redirected ?

Guru Elite

If you cannot resolve DNS it should work. To test it without DNS try to open a browser to 1.1.1.1

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

I can see the guest portal when I open a browser to 1.1.1.1 with an iPhone, but I have do it manually, is it not automatic ? Or does it require a functionning DNS server ?

Guru Elite

yes

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: