Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

Posted Mar 30, 2016 05:20 AM

I have 7210 Controller Installed with 210 AP's recently i upgraded recent Aruba OS all AP's came up but 6 AP's are not showing UP. They got the IP and controller itself is acting as DHCP server and i can ping them but It doesnt show up in Controller. I have confirmed the IP of those AP's through Core switch.

If anyone know what could be the issue please help. 

• 2.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2016 06:25 AM

Type "show log system 50" to see if you have any information about those APs.

Also type "show ap database" to see if those down APs have any flags next to them...

• 3.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

Posted Apr 04, 2016 10:08 AM

Hi sorry for delayed response.

I cannot see those AP's in AP database neither i can find any information in show log system, But wh.en i try to ping that IP from controller i can ping successfully. I can see the mac of AP's reading on switch and even IP i searched from core switch. Controller is acting as DHCP server. These AP's are getting IP from DHCP server which is controller but still it doesnt show them in AP database.

RegardsRashid

Usaid 

• 4.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 10:22 AM

Just because the controller hands out the AP's IP doesn't mean you have configured AP discovery correctly. You need to use DHCP option 43/60 (controller IP and 'ArubaAP' resp), or configure a DNS address for 'aruba-master.yourdomain.com'. 

Pulling the console output from an AP that is fialing to come up will tell you if it's not working and what isn't working if you think you have configured the above. You can also do ADP, but that only works on the same L2 domain on the controller or if you enable multicast across all your VLANs for 239.0.82.11.

• 5.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

Posted Apr 04, 2016 10:31 AM

AP's discovery is configured properly as i have already 205 AP's up and running. I am having issue only with those 6 AP's.

• 6.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

Posted May 15, 2016 01:18 PM
    What is AP model and controller AOS?

• 7.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 10:33 AM

Actually, any DHCP server that is created on the controller automatically sends out DHCP option 60 and 43 for the management ip address of the controller in the background.

If you know the ip address that the AP gets, get on the controller and type "show datapath session table <ip address of ap>" repeatedly when the AP is booting up to see if any of the traffic on the AP even makes it to the controller.  The other option is to connect to the access point's console port to see what ip address the AP gets and what it is attempting to do, and where things fail.

• 8.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 11:50 AM

CJ, when did we start sending out Opt43/60 in the background without it being configured? That's certainly new (at least to me). 

• 9.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

• 10.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 12:00 PM

Interesting! I have never seen that. I will have to try that out today.

• 11.  RE: Guys I have Aruba 7210 Controller with around 210 AP's but out of them 6 AP's are not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2016 06:37 AM
    Are these APs always showing down in the ap database? If yes, please share the console output of the ap boot sequence.