Wireless Access

Highlighted

Re: HA fast failover configuration giude

DNS should be pointing to the master controller. The AP system profile will
be tied to the AP groups.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Do the AP's then build a GRE tunnel to both controllers but only use one unless a failure occurs?

Highlighted

Correct. Traffic is re-routed to the second tunnel in the event of a
controller failure.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

Highlighted

Ok great! One more question!

Do the Master controllers syncronize somehow or do you need to setup AP groups and profiles seperately?

Thanks,

John

Highlighted

If you're doing all master, you need AirWave to synchronize them.

If this is a single site, I'd recommend doing master-local.

Thanks,
Tim

Highlighted

I see. No mention of that in the UG. :-(

Thanks. John

Highlighted

Master-local is a different topic so it won't be on the HA section.

Thanks,
Tim

Highlighted

Hmm. So are you saying I should just use Master/Local with no HA?

Highlighted

No, you would use master-local with HA.

Highlighted
Contributor II

@cappalli wrote:
DNS should be pointing to the master controller. The AP system profile will
be tied to the AP groups.

I am considering a DR test in Master-Local 1 Master 3 Locals architecture, all controllers are terminating APs  we lose the Master and have few doubts : 

1 ) In the event that  the Master goes down, aruba-master resolves to the Master IP@, then new CAPs connected to the network or any rebooting while the master is down would not be able to contact the Master and boot. unless ADP, DCHP or manually point the CAP to one of the IP@ of the locals, correct ?

2 ) If using  Infoblox to resolve aruba-master.

Would it be possible to configure 4 A records so aruba-master will resolve to any of the local's in case the Master is not alive ? has anybody faced this situation ?

3) Authentication External Server. Currently been forwarded from Masters IP@, would Locals carry on using its IP@ to relay Auth request, I believe this is the default behaviour. The reason I am asking is because if the source of auth request would be local's IP@ then we may need new FW rules in place to allow this. 

3) As Local redundancy we are currently using VRRP-LMS. What would the failover time for the APs active on the Master if it goes down ?

4) Looking to configure HA AP fast failover. For failover times of 1-2sec. Currently running 6.3.1.15 with some legacy AP70s  which I understand don't support HA AP FF ... would need to workaround this. Also believe there would be some new features on 6.4 to improve 

Thanks , 

DSP 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: