Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

HOW TO OBTAIN THE ACTIVATION KEY HAVING THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  HOW TO OBTAIN THE ACTIVATION KEY HAVING THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER

Posted Aug 02, 2020 01:13 PM

Hello.

I have some unused certificates for AP, PEF and RFProtect. I want to assign some of them to a 7005 controller. Last time I did it, at Aruba License Portal I had the option to state that certificate and the controller serial number and get the activation key. At the moment, I only see the option to include the "Order Number" and the "Confirmation Number". I do not have those numbers, only the certificate number.

How can I activate a license if I only have the certificate number? When did it change? I was at this page on December 2019 and I had the option to include only de certificate.

Regards.

• 2.  RE: HOW TO OBTAIN THE ACTIVATION KEY HAVING THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER

Posted Aug 02, 2020 01:44 PM

Hi acrz7777

Have you taken a look at the Aruba Mobility Master Licensing Guide?

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=39143

Regards

• 3.  RE: HOW TO OBTAIN THE ACTIVATION KEY HAVING THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER

Posted Aug 02, 2020 03:39 PM

The manual says:

Use the following procedure to create a license key for a specific controller using the certificate ID, and device serial number.
    1. From the HPE Aruba License Management website, select Register License from the navigation menu.
    2. In the Order number or Registration ID/Certificate ID field, enter the certificate ID(s) you received from your Aruba sales representative or reseller, then click Next.
    3. ....

That was in the past. At the moment, it asks for the "Order Number" and the "Confirmation Number". You have not the option, as in the past, to include the Certificate ID.

Any idea?

Regards.

• 4.  RE: HOW TO OBTAIN THE ACTIVATION KEY HAVING THE CERTIFICATE NUMBER
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 08, 2020 06:17 AM

Finally, I had to create a new account at HPE Portal (https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/license/GenerateLicense.aspx),

and not migrate to ASP Portal. Then, I was able to activate the licenses only with the certificate ID. The question is how long this procedure will work.

With my original account, as I had migrate it to ASP Portal, when I tried to activate the license at HPE Portal, I was sent to the ASP Portal. Then, as I said, I had only the option to introduce the "order number" and the "confirmation number", but not the "certificate ID" (the only number I had).