Wireless Access

Re: HP buying Aruba Networks ? announced in Yhaoo 25+- min ago ?!

Well i hope that MAS(Mobility Access Switches) Does not dissapear... its an awsome product, just like clearpass and airwave or any aruba product.

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp

Very well said Buckweet

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME

Let's hope Aruba will keep rocks under HP , Still these sad news .. Where are the days of "Aruba isn't for sale " ? In order to keep your product relevant you should focus on doing it right... HP products are just not that :(
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

buckweet wrote:

In my opinion Aruba can't grow much more because most customers (that I speak with) want an end to end solution from one company, Aruba can only partner or be resold through one of the OEM partnerships.

Well.. here's another opinion. I work for a systems integrator whose focus is to provide best of breed to our customers. Open interfaces, standards and being vendor agnostic is the key in our business. Decision criteria cannot be just "because the label on the equipment says blaa-blaa-blaa". Of course the situation is somewhat different when you're paid by a vendor.

That having said I conclude that Aruba has been performing well and I just hope it stays that way too. It is also good for the whole business area to have an innovative and fast moving player in the field.

Opinions expressed above are my own, not necessarily the ones of my employer or my cousin's nephew.

Super Contributor II

For anyone who excite about this news as a win-win, I have a few questions: (I am both HP switch and Aruba customer)
1. Have you tried to call or open case with HP supports?
2. Have you posted your problem in HP community? Check out HP so called “Community”: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Community/ct-p/welcome_to_the_community
3. Have you registered for HP training with so called “Care Pack”?
Those are my frustrations when dealing with HP products.

~Trinh Nguyen~
Boys Town
Trusted Contributor I

well at least both companies already use the same forum software.

i think no one here can say with any certainty nothing will change or everything will change.

i will just wait and see what happens, hopefully it will be a change for the better.

If you see it as a partner perspective which is just an aruba partner and not hp partner this doenst look like a good news.

For HP partners only its a good news!

We are a Aruba partner but not HP partners and i do have lot of questions of how this will affect us.

Anyways i ll just hope for the best...

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp

NightShade ... I'm feeling the same .. A lot of questions .. What should I do as Aruba partner ? Keep selling ? Supporting ? Deploying ? Until the summer ?! And than what ? There already HP in my country :(
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

Over the next few days, get with your account teams to have discussions about all of this. They should be able to provide fantastic FAQs that answer some of these questions. In my very humble opinion, based on the fact that Dominic and Keerti will berunning the new HP/Aruba business, I think it's safer to say that the 'Aruba Way' of doing business will be pulled in to HP, rather than the other way around. So while it would not be immediate, I would expect the HP community and support to develop along the way that Aruba handles our community and support. Dom explicitly called this out in his Keynote this week, that our partners and customers and our Community are priority number 1. This is already being discussed in the press and within the analyst community

http://www.eweek.com/networking/aruba-ceo-orr-hp-deal-will-be-good-for-company-users.html

***The continuity of leadership will be important in easing users' minds about the deal, according to Neil MacDonald, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner. After the acquisition is complete, Orr and Melkote will lead HP Networking, which should give Aruba users comfort that HP will continue to innovate and scale the Aruba technology, MacDonald told eWEEK.***

Again, I am only a small cog in the wheel, but that is the feeling and energy I get here, even among the skeptics (which is really saying something since I've known some of these skeptics for years and they are skeptical of everything). It's obviously a big shock and we will work through it with everyone together. And as usual, all the AirHeads are awesome!

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME

So Orr and Melkote will lead the whole HP networking? (hp swithces + aruba gear etc?)

Though they were just leading the wifi part.

And well we will discuss as you well said with our account team...

Cheers

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: