Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hardware Migration - A200 to 650 Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hardware Migration - A200 to 650 Controller

Posted Aug 31, 2012 01:18 PM

Hello all,

We are in the process of upgrading our current wireless network A200 controller with six AP-70's to a 650 controller. As part of this evolution, we would like reutilize the current AP-70's along with newly purchased AP-125's. This doesn't seem like an overly complicated task but has anyone else attempted to migrate/upgrade hardware platforms?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Hardware Migration - A200 to 650 Controller

Posted Aug 31, 2012 06:20 PM

Depends on the firmware version you are running.  What firmware is on the A200?  If it's older code (pre 3.x) then you will probably want to reconfigure the 650 from scratch.  There is a migration tool to migrate older configuration but the clean-up process is a PITA (or used to be as I haven't done this in ages).

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Hardware Migration - A200 to 650 Controller

Posted Sep 04, 2012 10:37 AM

Mike,

Thanks for the reply,

The firmware on the A200 is indeed pre 3.0. Would you anticipate any compatibility issues with the older AP-70s and the 650?

• 4.  RE: Hardware Migration - A200 to 650 Controller

Posted Sep 04, 2012 11:12 AM

I do believe it's supported but I would get confirmation from Aruba to determine compatibility.  If you have support with Aruba, give him a buzz and they can tell you or someone here can reply.

-Mike