Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Having a issue receiving clearpass role to my aruba controller for my web authentication

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Having a issue receiving clearpass role to my aruba controller for my web authentication

Posted Jun 27, 2013 01:29 PM

Hi everyone

I am having an issue with our web authentication. We keep getting the redirected page and not going to the orignal web page even after authenticate successfully on Clearpass. I see that the controller is not receiving the role from clearpass to change the user role. Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance 

Raul

• 2.  RE: Having a issue receiving clearpass role to my aruba controller for my web authentication

Posted Jun 27, 2013 02:55 PM
      |   view attached

You should follow this doc for the controller setup part:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/amigopod-aos-integration-appnote.pdf

And to configure the Guest portion in Clearpass guest starting reading page 190 on the doc I have attached.

Also you can check this video and start at min : 5:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJXyLWtfQRo 

Hope this helps....:smileywink:

Attachment(s)

pdf
    ClearPassGuest_6.0.2.pdf   13.67 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Having a issue receiving clearpass role to my aruba controller for my web authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2013 04:13 PM

@Raul Bracamontes wrote:

Hi everyone

I am having an issue with our web authentication. We keep getting the redirected page and not going to the orignal web page even after authenticate successfully on Clearpass. I see that the controller is not receiving the role from clearpass to change the user role. Can anyone help me.

Thanks in advance 

Raul

In the Captive Portal Authentication Profile on the Aruba Controller, you have to make sure that the Default role is the "success" role to be assigned to your guests.  As long a ClearPass policy manager sends back a positive result, all guests will obtain the role "guest" when they authenticate successfully.  You might be going in a circle because this role here is some type of "logon" role, which just puts you back to the logon page.

guest-cp.png