Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Having an SSID go to a certain DCHP server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Having an SSID go to a certain DCHP server

Posted Mar 02, 2012 07:27 AM

We have two DHCP servers and three SSID's. I want to have two of the SSID's go to one server and the other go to a different server. What would best way to do this?

• 2.  RE: Having an SSID go to a certain DCHP server

Posted Mar 02, 2012 07:49 AM

You would need to create two different Virtual APs (VAPs).  The VAP contains the VLAN or VLAN pool.

Assign VLAN x to the first VAP (where x is the VLAN where the DHCP helper points to one server) and VLAN y to the other (where y is the VLAN where the DHCP helper points to the other server).

You can reuse the same SSID, AAA, AP system and other profiles.

• 3.  RE: Having an SSID go to a certain DCHP server

Posted Mar 02, 2012 07:51 AM

If your SSIDs are different, you would need different VAPs for each unique SSID as well as unique SSID profiles.  The VAP would still specify the VLAN, which controls which DHCP server you will use.

• 4.  RE: Having an SSID go to a certain DCHP server

Posted Mar 08, 2012 11:26 AM

I posted pretty much the same question. Problem is, the pool of addresses the customer wants to use is already within an existing VLAN, so I cannot create a new one.

• 5.  RE: Having an SSID go to a certain DCHP server

Posted Mar 19, 2012 10:30 AM

Could make a server rule that says any one going to this SSID got to this DCHP server and another going to this SSID go to this DHCP server?

• 6.  RE: Having an SSID go to a certain DCHP server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2012 10:36 AM

@jcameron wrote:

Could make a server rule that says any one going to this SSID got to this DCHP server and another going to this SSID go to this DHCP server?

The VLAN number under the Virtual AP parameter would dictate this.