Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello to all, I need some help with Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Hello to all, I need some help with Airwave

Posted Jun 06, 2016 10:43 AM
      |   view attached

Hello To all,

I am not new at Aruba, but I am new at Airwave and I would like your  help on this tool.

Here is my  doubt:

Here at my company, we want to sell Airwave as a part of solution of Aruba Networks and because of it we want to show some great reports that might be helpfull to the end customer, in a way to troubleshooting it and I am a little bit frustic on ti. When I run all report of Airwave, I have a lot of information but not so good for troubleshooting, for example:

I've got a report saying that the Access Point changed 200 times of channel, but really I do not know how can treat as a problem or a good explanation to give a report to the end custommer. Another example is, a lot a devices is windows and another is android... is not a good information That I can provide in a report.

Can you guys help me on this ? Wich kind of information can provide that is usefull ?

Last week I provide a information saying the speed port of access Point, but I have to type it on the CLI is not a problem because this information is usefull.

Cheears

• 2.  RE: Hello to all, I need some help with Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 12:58 PM

I can't see your report, but if I had to guess, it would be three parameters that could be responsible for that access point changing channels frequently.  These three parameters in the ARM profile are called out in the RF and Roaming Optimization for Aruba 802.11ac Networks VRD here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/v2/page/blog-id/Aruba-VRDs/page/2

On page 10 there is a chart that says you would need to change 3 parameters in the ARM profile to prevent access points from changing channels so frequently:

Parameter                       Default                          Suggested

arm-noise.png

• 3.  RE: Hello to all, I need some help with Airwave

Posted Jun 06, 2016 01:19 PM

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply, I used it just as an example, but here's my point:

How can  take an action in a situattion like that ? And also, as a report of the customer's environment, what kind of usefull report can I provide to they ? I mean, I know I've got a lot of "report" on Airwave but I would like to know which one Ican use to provide but usefull help, such as speed port.

Hope I have been clear on it :)

• 4.  RE: Hello to all, I need some help with Airwave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 02:03 PM

I do understand.

There is a troubleshooting document here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/802-11-RF-Troubleshooting-Best-Practices/ta-p/20410 that will give you a good starting point.