Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Help with RAP-2WG-US

Once again, I appreciate the help thus far.  I was able downgrade the controller and upgrade the backups to 5.0.4.13 on our two RAPS.  We are now back at 6.1.3.3 again.  I have one RAP that I setup to test with internal IP of controller.  It seems to connect properly, and the wireless light turns on.  It shows in the controller, everything looks great (but can't fully test wireless connection because I can't distinguish this AP's SSID vs. our live network).

Since everything looked great on that rap, I tried the other rap from an outside cable modem using our external address of controller.  We had success up until it rebooted.  The device reboots, Eth1 gets a self assigned ip.  Can't connect to RAP's webpage to see status.   Status light on rap continues to blink, and no wireless light comes on.  I have attached a picture for reference.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Try "show ap database" when that RAP is connecting to see its status

HOLD ON:

You are saying that it does not work externally?  In the ap-group of the RAP, in the AP system profile of that ap-group, do you have an LMS-IP?  If you do, remove it.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Yes, that seems to have done the trick!  Thank You!

I added a new ssid so I can see that it is working apart from our normal network, and it is working properly.  At this point I am happy to have it working wirelessly, but the only thing not 100% is port E1.  After being assigned an internal address, if I go to the web it still points me toward the RAP website that does not load.  Again wireless works fine.  Thanks again :)

Guru Elite

@ucf wrote:

Yes, that seems to have done the trick!  Thank You!

I added a new ssid so I can see that it is working apart from our normal network, and it is working properly.  At this point I am happy to have it working wirelessly, but the only thing not 100% is port E1.  After being assigned an internal address, if I go to the web it still points me toward the RAP website that does not load.  Again wireless works fine.  Thanks again :)

In the Wired AP profile, you need to make sure it is enabled and Trusted Under Ethernet Interface port 1 configuration:

wired.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

cjoseph, I can't thank you enough for your assistance.  I overlooked the trusted check box, and works perfectly now with it checked.  If I can ever return the favor, please let me know.

Thanks!

ucf

Guru Elite

You are welcome, and happy new year, ucf!

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: