Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Helping creating a report to see the client health in wireless

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Helping creating a report to see the client health in wireless

Posted Feb 06, 2015 05:35 AM

I'm trying to create a report in AIRWAVE so I can see and present to my superiors with this things:

For a specific mac address

with the roaming between APS if possible

With the signal health for that mac address 

With the Wireless lan usage for that specific site

and if possible response time from that mac to the ap.

Can anyone help me and is it possible?

• 2.  RE: Helping creating a report to see the client health in wireless

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2015 01:03 PM

Unfortunately, this can't all be done in a single report.  It's a good feature request to make though since I hear it a lot from customers I've interacted with.  Let me try to break down the specifics to get the data (ultimately you'll be looking at 2 pages -> client diagnostics and client detail:

For the client roaming -> the best idea is to get a capture of the client's detail page.  This page shows all network associations by that particular client.

Client health is visible on the client's diagnostics page (this page is only active if client is online and shows health in a graph chart).

As for narrowing it down to client location, you'll have to take the data from the client's detail page, export the association table to CSV, sort by AP, filter out/delete any entries to APs that aren't in the location of interest.

And response between client and AP is not currently tracked, but also a good feature request to make.  Closest detail that AirWave can provide in this perspective is signal strength and noise ratio.

• 3.  RE: Helping creating a report to see the client health in wireless

Posted Feb 09, 2015 03:16 AM

Thank you! 

I will dive into it!

Thanks

and 

much greatings