Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi I have an AP-65. Can someone tell me how to reset this one. Usually ill connect via SoE.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Hi I have an AP-65. Can someone tell me how to reset this one. Usually ill connect via SoE.

Posted Jan 20, 2014 04:32 AM

Hi,

I have an AP-65. Iwant to reset this to factory setting since there is an old config that was loaded to this AP. How can I access this? the only thing that i know is to reset it. Its prevouis controller already changed IP and i cant discover this AP-65.

Thanks,

Alden

• 2.  RE: Hi I have an AP-65. Can someone tell me how to reset this one. Usually ill connect via SoE.

Posted Jan 20, 2014 05:24 AM

If you don't have an old controller with SOE, officially you need an Aruba Y cable.

Personally, I couldn't afford one, so I made a 9way plug out of a shell that I attach to a Cat5e cable. I then plug in a DC PSU and do it that way.

If you'd like the pin-outs, let me know. Of course I'm non-Aruba, so if you break your AP doing the same as me, it's done at your risk of course!

• 3.  RE: Hi I have an AP-65. Can someone tell me how to reset this one. Usually ill connect via SoE.

MVP
    Posted Jan 20, 2014 06:10 AM
      |   view attached

See below image for pinning details or the attached .pdf for a tiny bit more.

You might also want to quickly read http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Difference-between-an-AR-CA-SPOE-ADAPT-3-amp-a-AR-CA-SPOE-ADAPT/td-p/3824 for the difference between the splitter cable and splitter box Aruba carries (carried?).

AR-CA-SPOE-ADAPT-3.jpg

Attachment(s)

pdf
    serial_breakout_adapter.pdf   356 KB 1 version