Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, we are having issues with some new APs, they are taking down the rest of the APs.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hi, we are having issues with some new APs, they are taking down the rest of the APs.

Posted Mar 30, 2016 05:58 AM

Hi,

As in the subject line...We have recently noticed that when we try to install new APs, mainly 103s, they take down the other APs, e.g. we have over 100 and when we connect up a new AP, they all drop off and the new AP doesn't show up for provisioning either. We can't be sure as to we didn't have to to install any new APs until recently. We have 2 x 3200 controllers on AOS 6.4.2.4...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Hi, we are having issues with some new APs, they are taking down the rest of the APs.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2016 06:17 AM

Make sure you are not giving out duplicate ip addresses..

• 3.  RE: Hi, we are having issues with some new APs, they are taking down the rest of the APs.

Posted Mar 30, 2016 09:04 AM

Hi Colin,

Thanks for getting back to me.....I tried that, seems that anything new on that scope is getting a new IP. Another strange thing is that when the APs go down, after we hook up a new one, the APs that should goto controller 1 goto controller 2 and vice versa. When I reboot the APs (without touching their config) they go back to the correct or host controller.

Regards,

John.

• 4.  RE: Hi, we are having issues with some new APs, they are taking down the rest of the APs.

Posted Mar 30, 2016 05:07 PM

I should add, that the new APs are not picking up an IP address, yet plugging a laptop into that VLAN, DHCP does issue a new IP address. Also, they are 3600s and not 3200s.