Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Posted Jan 16, 2019 05:01 AM

We have recently upgraded controller pair from 6.5.3.1 to 8.3.0.4. After upgrade we have been experiencing high latency and packet loss with certain client type. We have pinpointed issue to only to Intermec CN50 clients when they are at area with ap204 coverage. When they are at area with ap304 coverage everything seems to work fine. Also high latency does not start right away. If client roams, boots or we make some configuration change everything works fine for awhile.

So the guestion is what did change at 8.x which effects to legacy clients with 204? Do anyone have same kind of issues?

• 2.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 05:49 AM

Is this a warehouse?

Is there an MM in the deployment, or are there just two 7205s?

• 3.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Posted Jan 16, 2019 05:58 AM

Its more factory then warehouse. So there is production lines and assembly robots at the premises. These clients are mostly used at near assembly line to scan barcodes of parts that are used at the end product.

Only 2 controllers at use with VRRP failover. From controller client seems to be healthy (health 100%) and it has 39 SNR.

If it would be up to me I would suggest customer to upgrade their devices because this smells like driver issue. Unfortunatelly this is not an option.

• 4.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:36 AM

I will let others who have upgraded from 6.x to 8.x with those devices comment.

• 5.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Posted Jan 18, 2019 06:12 AM

Hi,

I had a samilar issue, I noticed my APs didn't have the correct transmit powers anymore after my upgrade. But client health seemed to be OK.

My min and max transmit powers were overwritten and I could enter a new min and max transmit power on my radio profile itself, and not on my ARM settings; it was not looking at the ones set on my ARM profile.

Now I have also installed a Mobility Master, so it is possible that it looks only to this value when you have Airmatch enabled, but for this you need a MM.

BTW: did you installed these 2 both in mode standalone? Then there is no config sync?

kr,

• 6.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Posted May 31, 2019 10:26 AM

Hi.

Anyone know what happened with this issue ??? Currently I am having latency with aruba 8.4.0.1. I have 2 MC and 1 MM

• 7.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Posted Jun 03, 2019 02:11 AM

This issue (as i suspected) was at customer devices.

• 8.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2019 07:09 AM

Louhe,

Please be specific so that others can understand.

• 9.  RE: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Posted Jun 04, 2019 04:35 AM

To be honest I can't remember what the exact issue was. But it did not have anything to do with wireless solution. It might have been that some power saving features at clients caused the high latency.