Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

We have recently upgraded controller pair from 6.5.3.1 to 8.3.0.4. After upgrade we have been experiencing high latency and packet loss with certain client type. We have pinpointed issue to only to Intermec CN50 clients when they are at area with ap204 coverage. When they are at area with ap304 coverage everything seems to work fine. Also high latency does not start right away. If client roams, boots or we make some configuration change everything works fine for awhile.

So the guestion is what did change at 8.x which effects to legacy clients with 204? Do anyone have same kind of issues?

Guru Elite

Re: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Is this a warehouse?

Is there an MM in the deployment, or are there just two 7205s?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

Re: High latency and packet loss after upgrade to 8.3.0.4. Mobility controller 7205

Its more factory then warehouse. So there is production lines and assembly robots at the premises. These clients are mostly used at near assembly line to scan barcodes of parts that are used at the end product.

Only 2 controllers at use with VRRP failover. From controller client seems to be healthy (health 100%) and it has 39 SNR.

If it would be up to me I would suggest customer to upgrade their devices because this smells like driver issue. Unfortunatelly this is not an option.

Guru Elite

I will let others who have upgraded from 6.x to 8.x with those devices comment.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

I had a samilar issue, I noticed my APs didn't have the correct transmit powers anymore after my upgrade. But client health seemed to be OK.

My min and max transmit powers were overwritten and I could enter a new min and max transmit power on my radio profile itself, and not on my ARM settings; it was not looking at the ones set on my ARM profile.

Now I have also installed a Mobility Master, so it is possible that it looks only to this value when you have Airmatch enabled, but for this you need a MM.

BTW: did you installed these 2 both in mode standalone? Then there is no config sync?

kr,

Thomas
ACMX#370 ACCX#1000 ACDX#1071 AMFX#74

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

Hi.

Anyone know what happened with this issue ??? Currently I am having latency with aruba 8.4.0.1. I have 2 MC and 1 MM

Highlighted

This issue (as i suspected) was at customer devices.

Guru Elite

Louhe,

Please be specific so that others can understand.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

To be honest I can't remember what the exact issue was. But it did not have anything to do with wireless solution. It might have been that some power saving features at clients caused the high latency.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: