Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

High noise on 5Ghz on several 515 AP's

Hi All,

We've noticed that some AP's (part of IAP are having high noise (around -82dB) which causes some clients to have slow speeds. Frame retries for these clients are around 3-4 fps so not much. Channel utilization is always below 10% and at max there are 20 clients connected to an AP.

We are going to run a spectrum analysis in the near future but would like to know if there are other options we can try to improve these noise levels?

Thanks!

Sergio

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: High noise on 5Ghz on several 515 AP's

There's a known noisefloor bug with the AP-51x that was fixed in 8.5.0.6 (ref: bug AOS-196457), where the noisefloor would slowly creep towards -75 and not ever go down.

In fact, given the fix list of 8.5.0.6 it would be a good release for any AP-51x customers to upgrade to.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Please attach of picture of where you are seeing that data.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted

There's a known noisefloor bug with the AP-51x that was fixed in 8.5.0.6 (ref: bug AOS-196457), where the noisefloor would slowly creep towards -75 and not ever go down.

In fact, given the fix list of 8.5.0.6 it would be a good release for any AP-51x customers to upgrade to.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Guys, 

my apologies, turns out it was the 2.4 Ghz that had the high noise level. Since we only have our Guest SSID on this Channel it's not that critical to our environment. We are going to plan the upgrade anyway though, thank you!

Highlighted

Yes,

Please upgrade to 8.5.0.6 if running 51x APs

Cheers, Frank
AirHeads MVP |AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: