Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Hostile environment and RF settings

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Hostile environment and RF settings

Posted Aug 28, 2017 01:41 AM

Hello everyone,

Trusting in the wide experience of the participants of the forum I want to raise my problem and help to obtain a solution to obtain a solution.

I count with a WLC (MODEL: Aruba7210), Version 6.5.0.3 which administrative 31 AP 314 with external Athens, these APs are located in the same area of ​​which it is a winery, this winery has all its environment of galvanized metal, floor, ceiling, beams and columns, in fact the floor is mesh type which makes a signal pass one floor another without problem, the amount of APs is by the subject of corridors and boxes that at the moment they are full the signal tends a decrease naturally.

The problem I have is that the operators use a PDA Honeywell CN51 with OS Android, and these PDAs are showing too many disconnections and I have latencies of up to 500ms in a ping.

I would like to know what good practices I can begin to do to mitigate this issue, bearing in mind that it is a totally hostile environment for an RF signal.

I am grateful for my experience to improve the experience of my operators with the WIFI and their PDAs.

Thank you

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Hostile environment and RF settings

Posted Sep 01, 2017 04:49 PM

Anyway, I attached the photos of the physical structure so that we have a little more information and help me to validate that others.

Thanks again.

Aps 314 Aruba

Antena ap-ant-1w 2.4/5G 4/6dbi Omni

• 3.  RE: Hostile environment and RF settings

Posted Sep 05, 2017 05:51 AM

Hello, 

Do you have the same issue with other Android ? Iphone ? W10 ?

What are the settings for your SSID in terms of speed ? or channels ?

did you check below ? the issue looks similar :

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Constant-dropouts-for-our-Motorola-Symbol-Scanners-MC9090G/td-p/241524

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Roaming-and-connection-problems-with-Motorola-Symbol-Scanners/td-p/275080

+