Wireless Access

New Contributor

Hotspot 2.0 in Aruba (70xx family & Central)

Hi all,

We are trying to configure a Hotspot 2.0 SSID in our lab without success. We have two different access point: an AP-207 that points to Aruba Central cloud management platform and we can not find any way to add Hotspot 2.0 capability to the WLAN that we set up there.

In addition, we have an AP-305 that it being managed by a 7005 controller. In this case, we can see a lot Hotspot 2.0 options to configure it but we can not get an adequate configuration. We are checking if our Aruba SSIDs are advertising HS2.0 capabilities with this Android application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.glenda9.hotspot20finder&hl=en but they don't. We can configure it with other manufacturers but not with Aruba.

Has anyone played with Hostpost 2.0 in Aruba environments?

Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: Hotspot 2.0 in Aruba (70xx family

You would need to use template configuration. Hotspot 2.0 config elements are not exposed in the Central UI.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Re: Hotspot 2.0 in Aruba (70xx family

Thanks Cappalli, First time with template groups :-(.

I don't know if the virtual controllers support any Hostpot configuration because I can't see any available command about it. I tried to apply the same commands that we have in our Aruba 7005 controller to a template but it doesn't recognize them. In addition, the virtual controller console doesn't offer any Hotspot 2.0 configuration command.

xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (config) # wlan ?
  access-rule Access Rule
  auth-server Authentication Server
  captive-portal Enable Captive Portal
  external-captive-portal
  ldap-server
  ssid-profile SSID profile
  sta-profile
  tacacs-server
  walled-garden
  wispr-profile

Any ideas? I don't how to continue with it.

Thank you very much.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: