Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How To Stay On Top Of New Features With Each Code Upgrade?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How To Stay On Top Of New Features With Each Code Upgrade?

Posted Jan 22, 2014 10:28 AM

I'm wondering if Aruba is any better/easier than CIsco in somehow making their new features that come with each release of controller/AP/management code digestable to those running the network. I get that the release notes are supposed to have an overview of each, but too often pretty significant new functionality is reduced to a bullet point, and the online help can be anemic for substance. Pretty soon if you're not careful (especially if your busy), a few upgrades have gone by and you don't really know what many of the capabilites are under the hood any more... I do like that Meraki kind of puts it all in your face- like so:

features.png

What's a busy admin to do? How do you not get buried by everything new that comes along at update time?

• 2.  RE: How To Stay On Top Of New Features With Each Code Upgrade?

Posted Jan 26, 2014 03:23 PM

So it sounds like you want something "quicker" than the release notes?

• 3.  RE: How To Stay On Top Of New Features With Each Code Upgrade?

Posted Jan 26, 2014 03:46 PM
    Not so much as quicker, but more depth and sense of impact.

• 4.  RE: How To Stay On Top Of New Features With Each Code Upgrade?

Posted Jan 26, 2014 09:50 PM

You can subscribe to this thread as well for quick updates:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Recent-AOS-Firmware-Releases/td-p/28966

With each AOS release this thread gets updated with the highlights of each release.