Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I change AP-61 air-monitor to ap-mode?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How can I change AP-61 air-monitor to ap-mode?

Posted Nov 22, 2011 01:33 PM

Hi,

I don't need Air Monitor in my environment and select ap-mode in Radio Profile but 3 of my AP-61 become air monitor, while AP-105 work in proper ap-mode. how i can change AP-61 air-monitor to ap-mode.

controller is A-200 with OS v. 5.0.3.3.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: How can I change AP-61 air-monitor to ap-mode?

Posted Nov 23, 2011 05:47 AM

Hi,

You should probably post this in the appropriate forum rather than on a blog post. However there are separate radio profiles for 802.11g and 802.11a radios so you might have the mode set to ap-mode on the 802.11a profile but not on the 802.11g profile. 

James

• 3.  RE: How can I change AP-61 air-monitor to ap-mode?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2011 06:49 AM

@mhnasir wrote:

Hi,

I don't need Air Monitor in my environment and select ap-mode in Radio Profile but 3 of my AP-61 become air monitor, while AP-105 work in proper ap-mode. how i can change AP-61 air-monitor to ap-mode.

controller is A-200 with OS v. 5.0.3.3.

Thanks.

Do you have mode aware arm turned on? If that is the case, the only way you could force those three AP-61 back into ap mode, without turning off mode aware, is to create ap specific profiles for those three AP-61. In the ap specific profile, disable mode aware arm.