Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I convert a local to be a master controller for a new master-local topology?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How can I convert a local to be a master controller for a new master-local topology?

Posted Jul 11, 2014 11:01 AM

Can I take a currently configured and running local controller and remove it from its current topology by promoting it to be a master of a new master-local topology without having to restore it to factory defaults? Can I simply go into System Settings in the WebUI and change the role to Master? Will this work and can I then just make any additional changes needed from there? Will the local gracefully exit out of its current master-local setup when it's promoted to be a master for a new setup? Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: How can I convert a local to be a master controller for a new master-local topology?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2014 11:09 AM
    Yes, you can. When you change it from a local to a master, it will retain the configuration and licenses that were permanently installed (not checked out as part of a centralized licensing scheme).

• 3.  RE: How can I convert a local to be a master controller for a new master-local topology?

Posted Jul 11, 2014 11:14 AM

Great! Thank you very much. There are no APs associated to this controller now and I would like the configuration and licenses to be retained as I only need to tweak some things when it becomes the new master. Thanks for making sure I didn't shoot myself in the foot.

• 4.  RE: How can I convert a local to be a master controller for a new master-local topology?

Posted Apr 08, 2016 02:00 PM

If there are some specific APs attached to this new to-be master controller, will they be transfered all along with all of the the configurations of my current master or changing it from local to master of this new topology require poiting out the transfer?

Thank you!