Wireless Access

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Re: How can I disable HTTP captive portal page?

So this firewall block will not block HTTP traffic once someone has authenticated. 

config t
firewall cp ipv4 deny 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 proto http

We are assuming that your guests are coming from 192.168.1.0/24

And do this to reverse it:

config t
firewall cp
no ipv4 deny 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 proto 6 ports 80 80
Highlighted
Guru Elite

No.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Been ahwile i had not been able to test this unitl I setup a small 620 controller at my house beacuse didn't want to try this on our production controllers, but anyway it didn't work still I was able to authenticate with HTTP, but at the same time I had contact Aruba TAC they suggested I remove the HTTP firewall statements from the captive portal firewall session this works but has a catch.

When you go to the internet the first time you can't get the redirect page when going to a HTTP like www.google.com but if you go to https://www.google.com then you get the redirect page. That probably isn't going to work because also I noticed on my Ipad I'm not getting the apple redirect page at all now. I'm not sure this is ever going to work because if you block HTTP to the controller it will never know to send you the re-direct webpage. I have since spoken to our security department and outlided the risk here no one is really ever going to try and authenticate using a HTTP page when they are presented with a HTTPS page. Even if they were someone at that exact time would have to be capturing their unencrypted data and all just to get on the internet not real life situation. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor I

did the security guys accept that? i do agree with you btw.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

I think so havne't heard back from them we are getting clearpass at the end of the year I think that should take care of the issue anyway. I think this could be fixed probably take a code fix to do it Aruba wanted me to get back to them on it I might do that.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: