Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How dd the access point define its controller if we are using Master-Master backup ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How dd the access point define its controller if we are using Master-Master backup ?

Posted May 22, 2014 04:03 PM

Lets say I have 4 controllers 2 master-master back up and 2 lcoals lets say that in options 43 I typed the VRRP IP now how access point will find the controller if Master fail?

• 2.  RE: How dd the access point define its controller if we are using Master-Master backup ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2014 04:52 PM

If the option 43 points to the master-vrrp, then the backup master will take over in the event of the master failing.  You shouldn't see any disruption in your setup.

• 3.  RE: How dd the access point define its controller if we are using Master-Master backup ?
    Best Answer

Posted May 22, 2014 05:24 PM
    What's dhcp 43 IP address that you are using ?if you added the VIP of the master / standby the master dies the standby should take over Based on the priority you set on the vrrp VIP

• 4.  RE: How dd the access point define its controller if we are using Master-Master backup ?

Posted May 23, 2014 11:05 AM

Great I mean if the VRRP was 192.168.1.1 and the Option 43 was pointing to 192.168.1.1 then the master fail the redantdunt master will still be reachable through 192.168.1.1?

• 5.  RE: How dd the access point define its controller if we are using Master-Master backup ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 23, 2014 01:00 PM
    Yes, correct.

Sent from my HTC mobile device. Please excuse typos.

SecureData
    IT security service provider
    The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address: SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT